My Blog Guest

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Book Review, Trauma Plan

This is my first acquaintance with author Candace Calvert and I am not all that in to medical themed romances, so I approached this book skeptically and have to admit I was pleasantly surprised. Calvert, who has worked as a registered nurse, has a pleasant style and doesn't overload the story with medical jargon.  Her heroine, chaplain Riley Hale is a sympathetic character and I found myself rooting for her. Hale is a former ER nurse who was seriously injured in a vicious attack. She longs to regain her old position but hasn't fully physically or emotionally recovered enough to do so. Hale's first encounter with Dr. Jack Travis, a maverick former military man who runs his urban free clinic like a military commander, leaves her with a bad first impression.

Travis is trying to save his clinic from those in the community who feel it is an eyesore and safety risk because of the people it attracts, but he's determined to go down fighting. When Calvert ends up volunteering at the clinic in hope of regaining some of her skills and standing, the situation is ripe for strife and romance.

A very wholesome and enjoyable read for romance lovers. I give this book four out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment