My Blog Guest

Friday, November 2, 2012

Book Review, The Organic God

Margaret Feinberg's book The Organic God presents God from her Judeo-Christian perspective. She's unafraid to ask the questions, "how should we approach God?" and "what is God really like?" Her book illuminates the personal relationship we can have with him as one of his people.

I enjoyed how Feinberg ties in her Jewish perspective to her relationship with God. Particularly poignant was her explanation of Midrash, the Jewish tradition of studying and discussing the scriptures in a push and pull fashion where open dialogue is welcome and sought. Now I can see it in many examples in the Bible and it means so much more to me. It is this style she incorporates into the book. She breaks downs God's attributes and uses examples from real life to help explain his nature.Topics cover his big-heartedness, mysteriousness, his beauty and more.

I always know I've picked up a good book when I mark pages and I marked several in this one. I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment