My Blog Guest

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Book Review: A Killing Frost by Patricia Wynn



Ok. I admit it. I am a hopeless fan of Patricia Wynn’s Blue Satan Series. A Killing Frost is the fourth book in the series which is set in the early 1700’s in England.

The two main characters are Hester. Kean and the outlawed Lord Hawkhurst, (Viscount St. Mars), who was wrongly accused of a murder in the first book and who remains in hiding. In each book, Mrs. Kean and St. Mars work together to solve a mystery. In this case, the mystery revolves around a corpse found at the Frost Faire. The deceased man seems to be a threat to the current Lord Hawkhurst in whose household Mrs. Kean serves. She calls on her friend the Viscount St. Mars to help her solve the mystery.

St. Mars has been asked  to help free an imprisoned Jacobite rebel who was part of the uprising to re-establish the deposed King James, the Pretender. Doing so may help St. Mars possibly gain an edge in regaining his holdings.

Each book brings a little more romance in and the tension between Mrs. Kean and Lord Hawkhurst really heats up in this one and Wynn is the master at keeping us hooked and though I wanted more romance between the two characters, I cannot fault her at all for the way she has them part.

I won’t give away the ending but let’s just say, I am always sad when I have to close the book and will be waiting impatiently until I can read the next in the series. I give this five out a five stars. Well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment