My Blog Guest

Friday, April 26, 2013

Book Review, Heartstone by Tim Young

Tim Young's book Heartstone takes us through his journey of personal failure, devastation and recovery on a road back to God after having nearly lost everything because of the lifestyle and choices he made.

In the foreward of this book Rick and Debra Evans use the term transparent when referring to Tim's style and I cannot think of a better word myself. Tim shares from  the deepest places in his heart scripture, journal entries, quotes, and stories that teach the value of embracing our own brokenness and deepest hurts in the darkest times
in order to draw close to God. Here's one of my favorite quotes from the book. Tim is talking about forgiveness. "Even if we feel the other person is 98% wrong and we are only 2% wrong, we are 100% responsible to walk in forgiveness and repentance for our 2%"

I give this book a 4 out of 5 star rating. Whether you have suffered great loss and devastation or just want to go deeper, I think this book will touch you and challenge you to draw closer to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment