My Blog Guest

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Book Review – Doing Max Vinyl by Frederick Lee Brooke



When I started reading this book I had a hard time knowing who the main characters were. We’re introduced to a group of them in just about every chapter. Too many characters, introduced too quickly is a no-no in writing, unless you can break the rules and get away with it. Brooke does break the rules and it works in this case. The situations we find them in and their personalities intrigued me, even the thugs (and there are several) kept me going.

At the center of it all is Max Vinyl who has the perfect name for a slick, successful businessman. Max loves sexy women, fast cars, and making money. He’s a millionaire whose fortune came from feigning to be an environmentally conscious CEO of a successful computer recycling business. All the while he’s dumping computers into Lake Michigan and using underhanded means to extort money from others. Just about everybody thinks he’s pulled a fast one on them. He’s guilty of much of what he is accused of but not all.  You know he’s going down in a big way and that’s another thing that kept me turning pages.

Annie Ogden is the heroine and she’s a tough, spunky Army vet who’s out for justice. Look out Max…You are in deep doo-doo. A fun read. Some language and racy in parts.  I give it four and half stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment