My Blog Guest

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Interview with Teena Stewart About Tangled Web, Her Romantic Suspense In Progress



I'm participating in a blog hop and those who are were asked to answer some questions about our current work in progress. I have several so I chose my most recently completed manuscript.

What is the working title of your next book?

Tangled Web

Where did the idea come from for the book?

I started working on it when we lived in Colorado and my overactive imagination asked, “What if a seemingly strong Christian businessman was suddenly hi-jacked and found dead on a mountain road?”  Then I took it from there

In what genre does your book fall?

Romantic suspense

What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?

Hmmm. Good question. Gwyneth Paltrow for the lead character, Jennifer.  Maybe Johnny Depp for the male romantic lead of David Speer. He’s a suspense writer and Depp has played a writer before in Secret Window (although disturbed one). Depp has the quiet presence I envision.


What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?

When her brother’s body is discovered on a mountain road, Jennifer Matthews is left to care for his five-year-old daughter, Amy, but shadows follow her as she struggles to forgive herself for her broken relationship with Chris, pardon God for painful wounds, and find the path of truth—even if it leads to danger and. . .romance.

Who is publishing your book?

It’s still being shopped around by my agent at Hartline, so no contract yet on this one.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?

Wow. There have been sooo many drafts. I really can’t recall. Maybe six months.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

Maybe Susan May Warren’s books such as Expect the Sunrise .

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

It started with the idea of a trustworthy person who goes missing and suddenly doubt creeps in about whether he is what he says he is. I think it was just the mountain terrain that made me come up with the idea.


What else about the book might pique the reader's interest?

The book throws two unlikely people together who immediately dislike each other and then adds in a dash of mystery and suspense. Jennifer is thrust into the role of mother to her deceased brother’s daughter but the more she tries to keep her safe, the more trouble finds them.

Also, the stories spans Colorado and California and has an action packed climax.

---


 Be sure and stop by some of my writer friends blogs and leave a comment. Paula Mowery and Lisa Lickel are co-authors with me in our soon-to-be-released romantic historical compilation, Brave New Century (title might change.)

Paula Mowery www.paulamowery.blogspot.com.

Lisa Lickel http://livingourfaithoutloud.blogspot.com/2013/06/work-in-progress-blog-hop-last-detail.html




No comments:

Post a Comment