My Blog Guest

Friday, October 4, 2013

How to Improve Your Outlook and Performance

I  wish I could take credit for this but I borrowed it from a psychologist who was on TED TV, and, being a bad writer, I failed to write down his name.(smile).

I have, however, started putting what he said into practice.  He said that you can improve your outlook and performance (includes job performance) by doing the following. You need to journal it so you stick to your routine and you are more likely to follow through if you write it down daily, at least for 21 days. Why 21 days? That's how long it takes to form a new habit.

Here's the "formula."  Do each of these daily for 21 days for it to become ingrained in your routine.

Write down three things you are grateful for.

Write down a positive experience.

Exercise

Meditate for at least 15 minutes (For me, I pray.)

Do one random act of kindness for someone.

Since starting this regime I nave noticed that I pay attention more to what I am grateful for and I also try  to help people more. All of this takes the attention off of me.  People who make this a part of who they are are happier. If you decide to try it, let me know how it goes. I'm about halfway through.


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete