My Blog Guest

Friday, December 6, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: SAVAGE LOVE BY JODI WOODY

Samantha, who has weathered teen motherhood and now the loss of her husband from a marriage of convenience, has car troubles while traveling through Montana with her teenage daughter. They are picked up by a limo and brought to the home of a mysterious stranger who is battling cancer.

The plot is a bit of a stretch—what is the likelihood that a perfect stranger would allow them to stay in his home for weeks?  Still, the ploy works. I loved the character of Daffyd and found him sensitive and compelling. It’s rare to find a book I can’t put down, but this one was a page turner for me because she hooked me and I wanted to know what was going to happen to him and if they would end up together.

There were a few issues, such as an info dump at the beginning and some editing issues, and the unlikelihood that everyone in Daffyd’s life would be a Christian, but the  characters are likable, the situation compelling and realistic most of the time. The  unique plot and a good story cancel out the other issues.   I give it four stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment