My Blog Guest

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

BOOK REVIEW: BETRAYAL BAY KAREN FENECH

I like historical romances but haven’t read a medieval one. I’m pleased with this one so I’ll definitely look for more set during this time period and by Fenech.  

The story centers on Lady Katherine Stanfield whose own castle and holdings have been invaded by the power hungry Ranulf. In the dead of night she rushes to De Lauren, her former fiancé for aid. What he doesn’t know is that she’s hidden away her infant son, whom no one knows exists. She broke De Lauren’s heart five years earlier when she married William Norris.  What De Lauren doesn’t know is why she cast him aside and he loves her still though he no longer trusts her.


Her primary objective is to keep her son safe at all cost. Fenech builds good tension . There are several villains but Ranulf, is by far the most black-hearted. The dialogue, setting and characters all seem authentic. There were only a few issues I had with the story. The first was the improbability of a woman who has just given birth traipsing around  on horseback, first to De Lauren’s keep and then to her own holdings. Really? I felt she could have also had a little more romantically satisfying ending.  It seemed to end too quickly without much transition. Other than that, it’s a great read. I give it four stars.

Here's the link on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment