My Blog Guest

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

BOOK REVIEW: THE UNSEEN FACE BY JOANNES RHINO

James Maddox plods through life detached from emotion following the heartbreak of losing the love of his life, Emilia. He’s plagued by a recurring bloody nightmare of Emilia’s death that will give him no peace. Then he receives a cryptic letter sign with the words “I am innocent” signed with only initials. As his life falls apart, both his friend and his current girlfriend call his attention to the fact that something is terribly wrong with him. The story hooked me right from the beginning and kept me turning pages. In the vein of Edgar Allen Poe, Rhino unfolds a story with troubled, sympathetic character harboring deep pain and a horrific past. Just a note of caution, the story contains language and some violence. I felt the writing at times needed tightening up but because it held my attention until the end, I give it 4 out of 5 stars. 

Here's the link on Amazon The Unseen Face

No comments:

Post a Comment