My Blog Guest

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Book Review: Georgiana Darcy's Diary: Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice Continued by Anna Elliot and Laura Masselos

I'm a big Austen fan and I love Pride and Prejudice so my fear was this would be a feeble attempt at sequel. I was pleasantly surprised. Georgiana Darcey, Mr. Darcey's younger sister, is now 18 years old and in love with her co-guardian Colonel Fitzwilliams.

 Elliot and Masselos do a great job fleshing out some of the peripheral characters from the first story including Georgiana and introducing new ones. I especially like the way Georgiana takes sickly Anne de Bourgh (Lady Catherine's daughter) under her wing. Watching Georgiana and Anne blossom is fun. Of course there have to be some villains and Wickham returns for an encore and there's an additional one I don't want to giveaway. A very fun read. I give it 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment