My Blog Guest

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

The Color of the Season by Julianne MacLean

NOTE:  Due to a serious need to cut back on my workload, this will be my last official book review on this blog.


It doesn’t seem possible that the evening can get any worse for police officer Josh Wallace after he is dumped by the girlfriend he planned to propose to, but it does.  Josh and his partner are shot while chasing a carjacking suspect. While on the operating table Josh dies and has an after death experience that drastically alters his life and the lives of several people from his past.


I began reading this book with skepticism dreading the part where the near death experience enters the picture. I figured it would be the hokey bright light thing. There is some of that (minus the chees factor) but the story takes a different turn and goes off in a completely different direction after Josh is saved on the operating table.  I don’t want to spoil any surprises so I won’t say too much. It’s a great story of love lost, love found, and the importance of family and forgiveness. I give it five out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment